ENTERPRISE RESOURCES PLANNING THROUGH AGES
Posted by: RAMAN on  1st August 2016
ENTERPRISE RESOURCES PLANNING IS AN INTERGRAL COMPONENT OF TODAYS COMPLEX GLOBALMARKETING.
ERP software helps companies steamline business processes, including:
- Product, planning, cost and development.
- Manufacturing or service delivery
- Marketing &sales
- Inventory management
- Shipping & payments
- The evolution of enterprise resource planning
Growth of enterprise information system (EIS)
- Early systems where based on automation of individual functions, like financial accounting or inventory management.
Shift to material requirement planning(MRP)
- MRP system tapped into master production scheduled allowing the business to plan the parts & product requirement.
MANUFACTURING RESOURCES PLANNING
- MRP 2 Introduced MRP Software emphasis an optimized manufacturing process that co-ordinates material and production requirements, extending services to
- Shop floor
- Human resources
- Project management
- Distribution management
BIRTH OF ENTERPRISE RESOURCE PLANNING
- By the early90s ,MRP 2 had been extended to include enterprise wide functions and integration
- Extended ERP2 system were renamed enterprise resource planning system
- ERP uses a single database containing all the data that keeps the processes running smoothly ,ensuring visibility ,accessibility and consistency
In 200s and beyond
EXTENDED EXTERPRISE RESOURCE PLANNING
- Extended ERP system includes:
- Customer relationship management
- Supply chain management
- Advanced planning and scheduling
- Continuing ERP trends include capabilities for